The i-limb™ digits is a fully customized partial hand prosthesis for people with missing finger or partial hands.
With i-limb digits, one to five fingers can be replaced with individually powered prosthetic digits. The digits, which move independently and bend at the joint, work in conjunction with any remaining fingers to help increase functional capabilities.
Features at a glance
- Externally powered prosthesis
- Articulating digits with individual stall out capability
- Programmable grips
- Compliant grip, vari-grip, auto-grasp, and proportional control
- Rotable thumb (when applicable)
- Controlled by electrodes or force-sensing resistors
- my i-limb™ mobile app; biosim™ prosthesis control app and software
- External batteries
- 12-60 month of Touch Care Program Coverage
- app control
- muscle control
To learn more about the control methods for i-limb digits, visit the How the i-limb works page.
"I received my i-limb digits hand one week before Thanksgiving so you can imagine when the holiday rolled around I had a lot for which to be thankful. I got a piece of my back that I thought I would never be able to recover. My girlfriend was happy to see my confidence and happy demeanor return as I had been angry and frustrated for so long. I resented having to rely on her and others to help;me throughout the day and I took my feeling out on the people I loved most. Now I no longer need them to do everything for me. I can tie my own shoes; I can use a knife again to cut my own food. The return of my independence gave me an indescribable sense of mental peace and comfort."
Jake Adams, i-limb digits wearer